Thursday, July 30, 2009

WIP Sons of Medusa Desert Razorback

After some prodding over on Dakka, I decided it was high time I got around to utilizing the Sons of Medusa's alternate Desert Support color scheme on something other than just the Marines in the Desert Support Squad. And while the original idea was for me to do a landspeeder, I have no real plans for one in my army, and went with painting a Razorback as a recon vehicle!

Photo taken on my Blackberry

There was a little voice of concern in the back of my head that it wouldn't work out well at this scale, but so far, I'm really happy with the direction it's going. This will get the full weathering treatment ( as seen on my Land Raider ) from here once all of the details are painted. The paint chipping has already been added in this photo. Still a good amount of work to do. Stay tuned for finished pics!

3 comments:

  1. I think it looks really good. Would you by chance be using the new stippling brush? I'm curious to know how well it works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried GW's new stippling brush yet. I do a lot of stippling work, but I like my big gnarly used up brushes for battle damage, much more random that way!

    I'd like to give it a try, just not sure what I would use it on exactly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks awesome. Perhaps a little over-weathered for my taste, but awesome none the less.

    ReplyDelete