Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Incursion Grunt APE

Well, I guess I could put the up the model from my test posts! Donogh was keen enough to have already seen me messing around on this end of the web and I figure it only proper to give this great mini some spotlight time.


Those of you who haven't seen Incursion yet, should definitely get over to their site and check it out. The minis are superb, and the rules are FREE. You heard me right. Free. While I haven't played the game myself, I absolutely love the minis and I am really hoping to get enough to try it out in the future!


I picked this mini up from Iorek over on DakkaDakka.com after his trip to Adepticon. This mini was just a bit of a distraction from my army project The Sons of Medusa.


A few neat little techniques here and there on this guy, including some color modulation tests with normal acrylic paint. While it wasn't 100% successful, it did give me some knowledge base to work from with some cool effects. The highlights and colors were very free form, using different shades just about everywhere while still staying true to the envisioned look.


Oh and can you guess what my next tip will be from seeing this piece? Hint: It has to do with one of my favorite modeling materials!

2 comments:

  1. Posting pictures at such a zoom level really takes balls, and you obviously have them :) Great solid painting, almost flawless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing paint job, the effect of the green is just fantastic, as is the wear and tear of the exhausts and the scratches decalls... and the lenses... great stuff!

    ReplyDelete