Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Marauder Horsemen #2 Finished!


I've finally finished #2 of the 5! I'm having fun messing with the colors so far on these guys, but it's slowed my progress on them a bit.

Skin tone is Cork Brown (Vallejo) washed with 2x Dark Flesh Wash (awesomepaintjob.com) brought back to Cork Brown and highlighted with 60/40 or so Cork Brown/Bleached bone. A few spots were washed back once and blended in a bit more with successive highlights (using a bit less bleached bone).

Likely start on the next guy soon! A bit less color play this time should mean he moves a bit faster. Only play should end up being the skin tones.

More to come!

5 comments:

  1. These are looking great! Job well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the horse is my favorite part - anything with that pattern of fur / hair / whatever always makes me think of cows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys, I'm really happy with how they're coming along.

    Hope to start on the next Marauder sometime today/tonight. Been a bit busy the last couple days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job, but I gotta say that it looks like they're about to really mess up their mounts.

    ReplyDelete