Thursday, January 28, 2010

Dragonforge Based Eldar


A couple of weeks back I entered a quick contest Jeff Wilhelm was running over on his blog. Jeff runs Dragonforge.com, one of many resin basing companies that have popped up in the past few years. I've never been huge into the buying resin bases thing, I picked up some a few months back during BoLSCon and while nice, they always seem to fall into one of two categories, too detailed or crazy for use for an entire army, or just too easy to make on your own for a fraction of the cost. I kept this mindset for a long time, right up until I found the Lost Empires set from Jeff. While I loved the set, I still didn't see myself snagging them due to cost restraint. Then, out of nowhere I check Jeff's blog and see that I'd won $50 worth of bases!

I came home today to see the package sitting in front of the door waiting for me, and since then I've been hard at modeling some spare Eldar I'd picked up from a friend. Check out the pic above to see a quick example of the bases and be sure you head over to Dragonforge.com and see if anything strikes your fancy. I'm for sure picking up more of these from Jeff in the future as I exhaust this supply! Also keep your eyes peeled for a bit more in depth thoughts/review on TPC as I finish some of these models.

No comments:

Post a Comment